Changes to School Drop-off and Collection Arrangements – Tuesday 8th September 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
In addition to my earlier update, I am writing to you with some changes to our start and end of day routines, effective from Tuesday 8th September.
The start and end times for pupils will remain the same, however some of the entrances and exits have been changed, hopefully to help ensure a smoother flow of pupils and their families and fewer bottle-necks in key areas. We hope these changes will make a positive difference but we will, of course, continue to monitor this and update you.
Some of the changes affect pupils in Year 5 and 6, and aim to reduce the amount of people coming through the main gate.
At the start of the school day:
We are asking pupils in Year 5 and 6 to use the entrance at the rear of the school. Pupils in Year 5 and 6 will arrive at the gate, where a member of staff will meet them, and they will go straight into their classrooms, via the door at the back of the classrooms.
- Pupils in Year 6 start at 8.35am.
- Pupils in Year 5 start at 8.50am.
If you then have younger siblings in school to drop off, a member of staff will wait with your child on the playground and take them to their classroom.
- At the end of the day, those pupils in Year 5 and 6 who have been given permission to walk home will leave the school site via the rear entrance and continue their journey home.
- Those parents collecting pupils of Year 5 and 6 pupils ONLY (i.e. they have no other siblings in school) will collect their child from the rear entrance of the school.
- Where parents have younger siblings, as well as pupils in Year 5 and 6 who they wish to collect, they should collect their younger siblings first. Those pupils in Year 5 and 6 with siblings will be walked to the school hall, where a member of staff will bring the child to meet their parent outside the School Office. .
Pupils in Reception, Y1, 2, 3 and 4 will continue to use the main entrance at the start and end of the day. The gates will be opened at 8.35am for pupils in Year 2 and 4.
- Pupils in Year 2 start at 8.35am. They will be met by a member of staff at the gate by the KS1 playground, and they will go straight into their classroom.
- Pupils in Year 4 start at 8.35am. They will be met by a member of staff by the entrance to the library, and they will go straight to their classroom.
Staff on the gates will help to ensure that children arrive safely, and may ask parents to wait before coming on to the school grounds.
- Pupils in Year 1 start at 8.50am. They will be met by a member of staff at the gate by the KS1 playground, and they will go straight into their classroom.
- Pupils in Year 3 start at 8.50am. They will be met by a member of staff by the entrance to the library, and they will go straight to their classroom.
- Pupils in Year R start at 9.00am and will meet staff at the entrance to the Foundation Village.
Parents who have siblings in multiple year groups should drop off their youngest child first before joining the end of the queue for other year groups.
At the end of the school day:
Our arrangements for pupils in Year R, 1, 2, 3 and 4 will remain the same as today. The gates will be opened at 3.00pm for pupils in Reception, Year 2 and 4.
Pupils in Year R, 2 and 4 will be collected at 3.00pm.
Pupils in Year 1 and 3 will be collected at 3.15pm.
We do ask that parents arrive at the allocated time, observe social distancing and leave the school grounds as quickly as you are able to.
I apologise for any inconvenience that these arrangements may cause to any of our families, and I recognise that changes we make will not suit everyone. Please be assured that changes that are made are always with the best intentions of our pupils.
With my best wishes,
Head of School