Information on Free School Meals
Every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 is now entitled to a Free School Meal however if you receive any of the benefits listed below we still require a completed the Application Form. Please return the form to the school office.
Free School Dinners, Who is entitled?
Free school meals need to be applied for at ESCC (collect a form from the school main office). Free school meals can be given if you fall into one of the following categories:
- You receive Income Support
- You receive Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- You receive Employment and Support Allowance (income-related)
- You get support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit
- You are entitled to Child Tax credit, you do not get Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190. Anyone receiving Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free school meals regardless of their income unless you have become unemployed in which case free meals can be granted for a four week period only.
If you think you qualify for Free School Meals please fill in this Application Form
We are now providing a packed lunch as a meal choice. please see our leaflet for further information